Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 31: After the hiatus...

So I got hung up in several days of doing nothing but sitting (at home or at work) clutching my kleenex box. I'm down to a nagging sore throat, though, so I'm hoping the end is in sight.


This is the result of a weekend of work. This weekend, I:

- cleaned my kitchen, including the floor
- threw out tons of stuff (I'll need to make a dumpster run to get rid of it all)
- sold my tv (not pictured), stereo system (pictured/dismantled), robotic vacuums (not pictured)
- did not sell my horse trailer (major sadness, but really, people are dumb)
- organized horse stuff into keep/give away piles (still in progress)
- cleaned out my study (it's almost down to the bare bones in here)

I meant to work on packing up more clothes/DVDs/stuff, but it's now 10:15pm and I'm exhausted. I still have 10 more days to empty this house of stuff (and figure out how to transport it 300 miles away), so I'll keep with my mantra of little by little....

Still to do (more for my own sake than anyone reading this actually caring ;-), and in no particular order):
- sell the truck
- sell the trailer
- get stuff to MD
- rent the house
- clean the house
- donate stuff (*ideally charity will pick up, otherwise figure out a way to load it into the truck)
- finish the job
- find a new job (*may not be possible until getting to London)
- finalize London moving plans (and pet paperwork)

I think that's it...if so, not too bad, under 10 items! And at least items #5, 6, and 7 should get done in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment