
So, as a reward for not being good at trivia, a group of my coworkers and I won a free lunch out. We went to The Cheesecake Factory yesterday, and ate a crapton of food.I also got both good news and bad news today.
Bad: My truck's registration expired, so I took it in today to get re-inspected. They couldn't do it because apparently when you have service done and they disconnect the battery, that sets off a ~100mi "freeze" on the diagnostics of the engine so that it can't be read until you drive that amount. Yay. I had to wrangle a lot with various people to get them to give me some sort of evidence that I'd tried to get it inspected today so that I can drive said mileage (on an expired registration) without risking fines/tickets/etc.
Then, while running errands, the check engine light comes on. Hopefully nothing major, but who knows. (At least this possibly means my 100mi is up? I was at about 80 or so this morning.)
Good news: A coworker might be interested in renting my house, which would be pretty cool. I won't get as much income as going through a property management company (in theory), but would also avoid the stress of the property management company altogether, and would know that he and his wife are trustworthy and won't trash my house or anything. So, fingers crossed on that one.
Bit stressed today over the whole upcoming-jobless thing, moving thing, stress over selling stuff (in winter, when people aren't exactly jumping up and down to haul their horses anywhere), and budgeting. Logically, I know it'll work out in the end (even if potentially not in the way/timeframe I'm planning for now), but emotionally, it's a bit hard. Ah, the joys of major life changes...
No comments:
Post a Comment