So I make a point of trying to eat lunch at work most days (i.e. 4 out of 5, usually...the other day I generally go out for Indian, because I could eat that every day of the week and still be happy). Today I was out of bread, so at lunch I went down to the grocery store and picked up a loaf of bread and a "family pack" thing of chips as snacks.
Total cost for these two whole items? $11.71.
Yes, it's true, I paid almost as much (in a straight number-to-number comparison, ignoring currency) to get partial lunch fixings for a week (maybe 2, if I stretch it) as I did to buy several days' worth of breakfast, lunch, and dinner-type food in London.
And to top it all off, the London food was healthier, too, as most of it was fresh, not processed chemical-y stuff.
Not much else exciting for the day, except that my hatred of WYSIWYG Pro grows by the hour. It tries to be "helpful" and changes around your HTML for you on-the-fly, but then it ends up being broken and stupid and looking like crap. And to think we paid money for this thing, too! (Blogger, incidentally, uses a custom-built WYSIWYG editor, which seems to be pretty decent. It produces non-fugly HTML, anyway, which is a major bonus.)
Anyway, enough geek talk. Happy Tuesday, everyone.

2 comments:
By far the best WYSIWYG editor I've found is CKEditor (previously known as FCKeditor. http://www.ckeditor.com). And it's free!
It's actually CKEditor now, as of October-ish (I think the guy finally realized the F had to go, for obvious reasons).
We spent a few weeks at work a few months ago evaluating a bunch of WYSIWYG editors to replace the craptasticness that is WYSIWYG Pro, and decided on CKEditor. It was a toss-up between that and TinyMCE, which is also nice (and free), but CKEditor's code seemed more friendly to extend/mess with.
Post a Comment