I took this photo yesterday afternoon, but as it's now 3am, it's technically Saturday. I'm posting at 3am because I'm at work waiting to test how well the past 2 months' worth of writing code (by me and a few dozen other people) has gone, so that by 8am we can go home and either leave our customers in awe of our awesomeness, or clueless that impending doom was upon them.
Anyway, in more exciting news, here's a couple of pictures of the deck in partial demolition. This is as demolished as it'll get, actually, as the base of the deck is in pretty good shape.
I guess the plan is to add more cross-beams in here before putting new boards on for the deck floor.
I'm not really sure, as this contractor gets an Epic Fail in the communication department. I kept trying to clarify exactly what the plan was for the work, and still am not sure, even as the work happens.
I have been assured that there's no way I won't be satisfied with the final product, so we'll see.
Once the main deck area is replaced, they'll tear down the stairs and replace them.
Should be done Monday or early Tuesday. In theory it could be done later today, but on the off-chance that I wanted to go home and pass out once I leave work (I hope this will be when it's still dark outside), I didn't want construction workers outside banging on things and sawing things and other loud noise-producing activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment