This would be a load of laundry, air-drying on my balcony railing rather than in the dryer. My dryer works, sort of, but has gotten pretty pathetic at actually drying things (i.e. it'll do it, given several hours of running time). I cleaned out a bunch of lint from the indoor air vent this evening, which has revived it a bit, but I'll need to do the outer one as well to get it back to normal.
This reminds me of the laundry I did in England. My great-aunt doesn't have a dryer, so I dried everything on the various radiators around the house. I actually liked this quite a bit, as it dried them quite well (my problem with air-drying like the picture shows is that things like the towels end up very stiff and sandpaper-like, which is not ideal for towels), and it's environmentally friendly. Bit awkward drying things like socks and underwear, though. ;-)
In other news, I actually went on a mini-shipping spree today. I bought a bunch of stuff at Walmart (sweatshirts, long-sleeve/short-sleeve t-shirts, pajamas, etc), as well as an airline-approved cat carrier. I wanted the clothes to replace the things I've finally thrown out (which I bought at least 5 years ago...I hate shopping, especially for clothes, so I try to never do it). And I need the carrier for both my kitties...I'm hoping it will be in use this weekend to carry my female kitty, Caoilfhionn (Keelin), off to NM to live with family there. Then it'll get sent back to me and will (at some point) carry my male kitty, Ruby, over to England. :) Too bad I can't get airline miles for its travels. (Though Virgin Atlantic will credit you miles for any travels your pets make, which I thought was pretty cool...I'm not sure that it's enough to make me want to pay them gobs of money to ship my pets, but at least if I did, I'd get a round trip flight's worth of frequent flyer miles, for 2 pets going one-way.)
Anyway, that took up the majority of my evening. The highlight of my day was getting some interest in my CV by some recruiters in England, though whether that'll actually produce an offer for interviews (let alone a job) remains to be seen. Fingers crossed, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment