I considered heading down to St. Paul's Cathedral to attend the service they had there for Thanksgiving, but I got to bed late, overslept, and thus missed out. Maybe next year?
I also apparently slept through an attempt (which I believe to have been feeble) to deliver the debit card for my new bank account. They're going to re-deliver tomorrow, but as a result, may have to stay in most of the day waiting for the delivery to arrive. :(
This is, at a guess, part of the Tower Bridge. It's right next to the Tower of London, anyway (which is more of a castle, see pics below).
Apologies for my finger being in the way, it was cold/windy and I was in a hurry to get to the play.
This is the Tower of London. It looked pretty impressive all lit up, and I can only imagine what prisoners/visiting dignitaries thought when being sent there.
More Tower of London...
And another one (this was post-play, so I had a bit more time to take pictures, though it was even colder/windier!)
Last one of the Tower of London...
This is the stage at Wilton's Music Hall, which is apparently one of the few original music halls still in its original states (wikipedia FTW).
I love the pillars supporting the balcony.
More pillars, plus a bit of the balcony.
I'm sure this is impossible to see (knew there was a reason I wanted to bring my actual camera...though I wouldn't have lugged it to the theater anyway).
At any rate, this was a black cat who besieged me at the main door to my great-aunt's building and demanded entry. I reluctantly let him in, and then was reassured by another tenant that he lives there. Bit reassuring for Ruby, anyway, as this cat seemed to have no qualms about wandering around central London and finding his way home again. (Though s/he did try to go into the wrong flat, and then followed me all the way upstairs to my great-aunt's flat before - presumably - meandering back to his own.)
All in all, another good day. :) I'm wishing I didn't have to go back the day after tomorrow (which is probably a good sign).








2 comments:
sounds like you had a great day!! so, how was the play???
It was fun and interesting/educational, so that's always a good combination. Not the best thing I've ever seen, but an enjoyable couple of hours, certainly.
Post a Comment