Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 7: Not so much productivity

So today I managed to go pick up my suit (freshly pressed, though I won't be needing it after all...better safe than sorry, I guess), and went in search of salad dressing. Bought caesar dressing, forgetting that it has anchovies in it. Oops.


This is the change I've accumulated so far (not all of it, since I've spent quite a bit as well). I love all the shapes of the coins, though learning to figure out which is which may take a while. (I've already frustrated a few clerks with my slowness in selecting money!)

The collection is quite heavy, though, especially with £1 and £2 coins in there. I've been taking a sampling each day when I go out so that my pockets aren't too laden down.

In other news, spoke with a recruiter today about job prospects. He wasn't exactly hugely optimistic, but he also wasn't discouraging, either. I'll call a few more tomorrow as well. I also bought tickets to a play, Mixed Up North, for tomorrow night at Wilton's Music Hall. I've heard Wilton's is quite a nice/interesting venue, so hopefully it will be a good time, even if the play happens to be subpar (though one would hope not).

Also went to dinner at my relative's house, where I helped cook (and eat) very yummy curries, as well as bread/cheese and ice cream. Quite a pleasant evening, all told.

2 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

This photo makes me laugh! It seems that every American that comes to England takes a version of this photo at some point. Including me.. here is mine: http://ukchristine.blogspot.com/2008/10/16365-need-any-change.html

:)

Shanthi said...

It does seem to be a common trend, I've seen it on quite a few blogs.

I should've taken photos of the yummy food we ate, but I forgot, so the pictures of coins was a last-minute "oh crap, I need a photo" thing. :)

Post a Comment