So I'm in Charlotte for a 5-hour layover waiting to get back to Raleigh. (Ironically I could drive to Raleigh in 2 1/2 hours, but this was the cheapest flight option, so there you go.)
Good things for the day, though: Still had a crying baby on this flight, but no neighbor in the seat next to me, so I was able to stretch out a bit. Got a ride to the airport so that was much easier than the trip from Gatwick into London. Google's providing free wifi for the Charlotte airport, so I can stay entertained during my wait.
I love suitcase sets. My one (large) suitcase now holds my garment bag and my smaller suitcase (which, in turn, holds some dirty clothes, shoes, and a few other possessions). Everything weighs about 25lbs (compared to 75 on the way in when both bags were full), and the rest of my stuff is safely tucked away in my great-aunt's study awaiting my return. :)
Sight out the plane window in Gatwick.
Another view of the same plane.
My TV worked on the plane this time, so I watched a documentary on Sandra Bulluck (fairly interesting), a documentary on First Daughters (kind of interesting), half of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (painfully lacking in both content and amusement value), and half of The Proposal (which looked really dumb but sadly also looked better than HP&THBP).
At any rate, that's about all of interest to report from today. Here's hoping the kitties are alive and well when I return, and I don't pass out before I get home (as it's now almost 10pm according to my body, and I have another 4 hours until I get to my car).



No comments:
Post a Comment